36’x72′ High Country Horse Barn
People are starting to look into multi purpose buildings combining living space with barns or garages, saving space and money. Our building spotlight is a beautiful 36’x72′ high country horse barn with a 36’x36′ Apartment in the loft area. People love the convenience of this type of building, having the apartment above is a wonderful option.
The whole process starts with an idea, a list of wants or needs, and a little help from Robert. Customers often stop by with a photo or sketch of what they would like the building to look like, which is a great way to start the process. It usually evolves and changes becoming exactly what the customer wants.
“It’s really nice working with customers because they all have different needs. We always try to get the customer what they want at the best price possible.” – Robert
The Carriage Shed is always trying to come up with new ideas. A lot of the new concepts come when a customer has a different situation, and we have to be able to expand our creativity in order to meet all the customers needs.
A great way to utilize space in the loft area is to raise the side walls giving you a full upstairs. Adding the trim detail to the gable makes it appear as if the side walls are shed dormers, we call this a fake gable. Having a full loft gives you the option of putting in an apartment, office, workshop, man cave, lady loft, or even a play area.
– (10) 12’x12′ Stalls – Lined w/ Oak Kickboard 4′ High – (1) Sliding Door & (1) Window per Stall
– (2) 6’x8′ Sliding Doors per End of 12’x72′ Center Aisle
– Standard Grills on Stall Fronts & Partitions
– White Pine Tongue & Groove Stall Fronts
– (1) 12’x12′ Tack Room w/ Concrete Floor – (1) 36″x80″ Service Door & (1) Window
– (1) 12’x12′ Storage Room w/ Concrete Floor – (1) 36″x80″ Service Door & (1) Window
– Prefab Walls – (2) Shed Dormer – 2×6 Wall 16″ On Center w/ 1/2″ Plywood & Tyvek – Loft Area
– (1) Fake Gable – 12 Pitch
– (2) 10′ Overhangs
– (10) 4’x7′ Dutch Door w/ Arch Trim & Glass – Windows in Doors Instead of Walls
– (10) Wood Sliding Stall Door w/ Wood X Upgrade
– (10) Yoke Upgrade in Stall Door or Stall Front
– (1) 36″ x80″ Insulated Service Door w/ 9 Lite Window – Tack Room
– (1) 36″x80″ Insulated Service Door w/ 9 Lite Window – Storage Room
– Upgraded Windows
– Center Aisle Stairway w/ Electric Winch – Hayloft
– Electrical Package
– 1/2 Glass in Aisle Doors
– Painted w/ 3 Coats of Paint
– (2) Gable Vents
– Ice & Water Shield
– Pressure Treated Exterior 36″ Wide Stairs to Loft w/ Railing
– (1) 6’x10′ Pressure Treated Deck w/ Pressure Treated Railing
Options Shown in Loft Apartment
– 125 Lineal Feet – Prefab Walls – Interior
– Insulated Walls & Ceiling – Lined w/ White Pine Edge & Center Bead
– Interior Walls Lined w/ White Pine Edge & Center Bead
– 288 Sq. Ft. Line Hay Loft Wall w/ 5/8″ Plywood
– (4) Raised Panel Solid Interior Door
– (1) Set Insulated Exterior French Doors
– (18) 33 3/4″ x 40 3/4″ Double Hung Windows w/ Transom Window Above
– 1″x4″ Prefinished Southern Yellow Pine Tongue & Groove Floor
To see other examples of High Country Horse Barns click here.